Innovative Financing for Urban Infrastructure and Municipal Services in Harbin
Source of Funding/Amount[Approved]
Technical Assistance Special Fund
Progress Toward Outcome
Harbin's municipal financing mechanism options deepened
The assistance is in the early stages of implementation.
Outputs and Timeframe
Status of Implementation
Progress (Outputs, Activities and Issues)
1. Analysis of current HMG's fiscal structure and health
2. Assessment reports of government-backed investment units
3. Assessment report with recommendations for improved municipal revenue arrangements
4. White paper on innovative financing for infrastructure development
5. Knowledge products produced and disseminated
An initial advertisement of consultant positions in 2012 led to appointment of the national team leader and municipal finance specialist on an interim basis. Re-advertising was required of other positions. Consultation in January 2013 reaffirmed the relevance of the TA design and resulted in minor revisions to the consultant team, with national and international urban specialists included to strengthen the focus on urbanization. All national consultants are now appointed. Appointment of international consultants is ongoing.
An inception report and inception workshop are expected in mid-2013.