Home Projects Project Data Sheet
|Grant Name||Thanh Hoa Province Small Scale Infrastructure Investments and Services in Urban and Peri-Urban Areas|
|Country||Viet Nam,Soc Rep of|
|Project Number||41118- 01|
|Description||The project will provide direct access to assets and affordable infrastructure services for individuals or community groups undertaking small scale investments and who otherwise would not have access to such services. Indirectly, these assets and services will allow greater productivity of the urban poor and, along with complementary capacity development activities, will generate income growth. The outcome will be increased economic, social and environmental sustainability of livelihoods in poor urban and peri-urban areas of TH Province. The mechanism may be replicable in order to allow up-scaling to other cities and towns not covered under the project by institutionalizing partnership mechanisms between local governments, communities and partners.|
|Linkage to Country/Regional Strategy||The grant fits with Viet Nam Country Strategy and Program 2007-2010 objectives, to wit: (i) business-led pro-poor economic growth, (ii) social equity and balanced development, and (iii) environmental management, as it is aimed at ensuring that the urban poor are included in and benefit from economic growth and economic growth oriented infrastructure projects through promoting decentralized and participatory process.|
|Outcome||Progress Toward Outcome|
|Too early to assess|
|Outputs and Timeframe||Status of Implementation Progress (Outputs, Activities and Issues)|
1. Component A: Community Mobilization, Capacity Development, and Training - in progress
- Quantity of training course: 58 courses/10 wards/66 hamlets.
- Quantity of training title: 6 titles (Community promotion skill, Grassroots democracy ordinance, Project cycle management with participation of community, several methods of quick review with attention of... Investment procedural variation, Accounting record management). Of which there are 02 training course conducted by Asian Institution of Technology - AITVN at the end of 12/2010 on skill and method of promotion/administration. Morever, AF-Colenco consultant held on conference on project implementation review at the end of 6/2011.
- There were total of 2,437 paticipations in training courses (in which: commune/ward CMCs: 321 lpaticipations; Hamlet CMCs 2.116 paticipations). Average portion of female participant: 30,7%.
2. Component B: Community Infrastructure Grants - in progress
- Nam Ngan ward: Comprises 08 sub-projects, commenced in 12/2010, finalized construction, handed over and put in operation in 3/2011, conducted Payment and reimbursement.
- Dong Hai commune: Comprises 05 sub-projects, commenced in 12/2010, finalized construction, handed over and put in operation in 3/2011, conducted Payment and reimbursement.
- Dong C¿uong commune: Comprises 05 sub-projects, commenced in 12/2010, finalized construction, handed over and put in operation in 3/2011, conducted Payment and reimbursement.
- Quang Thanh commune (08 sub-projects),Quang Hu¿ng commune (08 sub-projects), Xua Lam commune (08 sub-projects), commenced in 5/2011 scheduled to finish in 10/2011. Up to now, the majority of subprojects have finished construction for handing over and puting in operation. It estimates to be 85-90%
- Thieu Trung commune (07 sub-projects). commenced in 8/2011 scheduled to finish in 11/2011. Up to now, the majority of subprojects have finished construction for handing over and puting in operation. It estimates to be 60-65%.
+ Dong Tho ward (08 sub-projects). commenced in 8/2011 scheduled to finish in 11/2011. Up to now, the majority of subprojects have finished construction for handing over and puting in operation. It estimates to be 60-65%.
+ Ham Rong ward (07 sub-projects), Quang Thang commune (08 sub-projects) have finished procurement, expected to commence in 10/2011 and finish in 12/2011.
3. Component C: Project Management, Monitoring and Audit - in progress
- Independent Auditor mobilized, auditing report just submitted to ADB in Oct
- Mid-term ealuation specialist recruited, will join the ADB midterm review, the contract will expire in Dec 2011
|Geographical Location||Thanh Hoa Province|
|Summary of Environmental and Social Issues||The grant is will finance civil works as well as capacity building components proposed by community based organizations with limited negative environmental impacts, but positive social impacts.|
|Responsible ADB Officer||
Hoang Nhat Do
|Responsible ADB Department||
Southeast Asia Department
|Responsible ADB Division||
Vietnam Resident Mission
|Concept Clearance||18 May 2007|
|Fact-finding||20 Apr 2007 to 25 Apr 2007|
|Board Approval||27 Nov 2007|
© 2008 Asian Development Bank
|Top of page|